“I will remember the deeds of the Lord, yes I will remember your miracles of long ago. I will consider all your works and meditate on all your mighty deeds.”
~ Psalms 77:11
God has been faithful. Last night, as I scrolled through my Twitter feed I found this gem: annelucyblog.wordpress.com/2016/12/31/2016-was-mine … . My beautiful best friend, Camilla shared remarkable moments from her life this year that left me feeling inspired and even more pumped to see what God has in store for her in 2017. (S/O Camilla – your year and future is looking L I T.)
The post also had me thinking, what has 2016 been like for me? As I read from the bible this morning I was given the confirmation that in spite of all the negativities that may creep up and try to distort my view of the year, 2016 has been a miraculous learning lesson specially designed by God for me, Tolulope Karunwi. So in a similar fashion to Camilla, I’d like to share little tit-bits of the miracles God has performed this year.
- In 2016, God became my FRIEND. When I say FRIEND – I mean he was simply BAE, constantly put before all else and constantly having my back. There is no greater gift than knowing God is in your corner and I am so grateful I finally allowed his love engulf me. “When I was in distress, I sought the Lord” ~ Psalms 77:2
- In 2016, I learned how to let go. I learned how to let go of ill feelings, negativity, toxic relationships and more. Today and everyday I AM FREE. And this is primarily because I talk to God and talk about him.“We’re not free unless we can talk about God” ~ Chance the Rapper
- In 2016, I experienced restoration. Restored confidence, restored friendships (S/O Gwendolyne Brown – I LOVE YOU!) and seeing everything I thought went wrong in 2015 come full circle and become whole again in 2016. “For I will restore health to you, and your wounds I will heal ~ Jeremiah 30:17”
- In 2016, friends became sisters. I connected on a deeper level with people who I now view as family. Lolade and Obehi you are a HUGE part of this. Words are not enough to explain how much of an impact you’ve had in my year and in my life. Thank you. And thank you to the endless list of so many beautiful women God has placed in my life right now. You know who you are “When [women] embrace each other – stick together – look at what these women were able to accomplish. The power of women sticking together, we will change the world, and until we get that, we’re going nowhere.” ~ Taraji P Henson
- In 2016, I was given clarity. A clear mind to fill with the things of God. I was given the opportunity to discover the beauty in worship. Bethel Music, Hillsong Worship, Israel Houghton, Kirk Franklin, NF, Chance the Rapper – all beautiful, beautiful artists who affected my year one way or another. “Now death where is your sting? Our resurrected King has rendered you defeated” ~ Brian Johnson, ‘Forever’.
- In 2016, I travelled! I went on holiday with my best friends for the first time and it was amazing. Being with friends who love and care so deeply for not just me but for everyone is such a blessing. S/O to Camilla & Nessie for always being there. “A friend loves at all times, and a brother is born for adversity. ~ Proverbs 17:17”
- In 2016, I witnessed Beyonce LIVE. Enough said. (S/O Sade, Camilla, Nessie and Jure – you know, you K N O W.)
- In 2016, I saw the beauty in being a woman for the first time. I read and meditated on Proverbs 31 and truly found respect for not only myself but all women. So if as a woman, at any point the patriarchy gets to you – read Proverbs 31, and I promise you, your strength will be restored.
- In 2016, both my sisters graduated. I now not only look up to incredible women, but an Engineer and a Doctor. You inspire me daily.
- In 2016, I felt inspired by the work ethic that is embedded in Warwick. Adesola &Victoria – you are a big part of this. The way you protect your dreams is truly inspiring and encouraged me to speak to God about my own destiny whilst remaining constantly in awe of how he’s using you both.
- In 2016, I found my passion. Erayo Events is my 1st child and I cannot wait to see how God grows and develops her.
- In 2016, I took a leap of faith and successfully became the Law Ball Coordinator for Warwick Law Society a position that has taught me so much about patience, faith and love.
- In 2016, I fell in love. With myself.
2016 has brought so much knowledge, so many lessons, so much laughter and most of all JOY.
God, bring on 2017. I am ready.